|Federated Investor's, Inc.
- Designed and developed code in multiple languages including C# and VB.NET for console and desktop applications, used largely in the integration between vendor-supplied applications, in-house applications, and back-end development work.
- Programmed and fluent in several different applicable languages, including both object oriented programming (.NET and PowerShell) and procedural programming via scripting (windows batch and Linux Shell scripting).
- Lead developer and designer on year-long IT project to automate the importing of financial data from new transfer agent. Work included creation of new PL SQL package to import data into temporary tables, apply significant business and IT logic to that data to enable capability with our systems, and build then import newly generated files.
- Strong background and experience in back-end development work within both Oracle and SQL Server databases. Work includes designing and developing stored procedures, functions, packages, and other database objects as needed.
- Programmed, co-designed, and implemented re-engineered application batches, a collection of windows and Power Shell scripts used to import and report financial data. These scripts are executed via automation tool software (Control-M BMC Scheduler). Re-engineered batch is designed to streamline number of BMC jobs and decrease batch execution time – two elements which impact business processes.
- Enhanced multiple .NET windows applications with additional functionality including additional web service methods and multi-environment method call capabilities. Designed and programmed enhancements to the user interface. Applications are used by both IT and business departments for testing purposes.
- Automated the production of SQL generated reports for multiple business groups through a combination of scripting and creating database stored procedures.
- Modularized Oracle package responsible for determining which batch cycle to run based on multi-calendar dependent criteria. New modularized design, with a focus on individualized procedures, is more easily supportable.
- Enhanced console applications with additional methods/objects as needed to fulfill service requests of business.
- Modified integration code used in the process of transmitting/synchronizing data between the MARS application, a sales and asset reporting system, and Total Client, a CRM.
- Upgraded multiple .NET console applications to current versions and migrated all upgraded code from Serena, a legacy code repository, into TFS. Created source control folder structure (tree structure) and adept at troubleshooting issues encountered with the upgrading and compiling of .NET applications.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting experience gained developing and supporting .NET applications, PS and batch scripts, and BMC Control M work, including all aspects of that application’s automation functionality.
|Federated Investors, Inc.
- Developed .NET windows application (Sys_Maint) that retrieves account and trade data from SQL tables sitting on HP Nonstop (Tandem) mainframe and displays data in more readable format
- Re-wrote the original Sys_Maint 16-bit VB4 application, no longer functional in Windows 7, in 2010 VB.NET. Added elements to the UI including login screen, additional controls for executing new ODBC SQL queries, and customized elements for displaying data
- Gained experience writing, modifying, and testing SQL queries
- Utilized TFS for code source management