|Federated Investor's, Inc.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing .NET applications (C# and VB.NET), scripting components (PowerShell), and database objects.
- 5+ years of experience engineering software solutions to meet business requirements including console, desktop, and web-based applications and services.
- Current work focused on enterprise architecture and application to application data integration utilizing in-house designed and authored middleware integration solution (FISB).
- Lead developer/designer on project to automate the importing of financial data from new transfer agent into MARS application, a sales and asset reporting system, and Total Client, a CRM.
- Designed and developed file import process that streamlines processing time, minimizes support, and eliminates emergency production changes for late or corrupted files.
- Experience in both waterfall and agile software development methodologies.
- Strong background and experience in back-end development work within both Oracle and SQL Server databases. Work includes designing and developing stored procedures, functions, packages, and other database objects as needed.
- Designed, programmed, and implemented re-engineered application batches, a collection of Power Shell scripts which call .NET applications and database objects to import and report financial data. Modified batch engineered with a focus on decreasing batch execution time and applying parallelism where applicable.
- Experience with MVC, ASP.NET core and API development, testing, and maintenance.
- Enhanced multiple .NET applications with additional functionality: new web service methods, multi-environment method call capabilities, and enhancements to the user interface.
- Automated the production of SQL generated reports for multiple business groups through a combination of scripting and creating database stored procedures.
- Modularized Oracle package responsible for determining which batch cycle to run based on multi-calendar dependent criteria. New design is compartmentalized, cleaner, and more easily supportable.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained integration code used in the process of transmitting and synchronizing data between multiple applications.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting experience gained developing and supporting .NET applications, PS and batch scripts, and BMC Control M work, including all aspects of that application’s automation functionality.
|Federated Investors, Inc.
- Developed .NET windows application (Sys_Maint) that retrieves account and trade data from SQL tables sitting on HP Nonstop (Tandem) mainframe and displays data in more readable format
- Re-wrote the original Sys_Maint 16-bit VB4 application, no longer functional in Windows 7, in 2010 VB.NET. Added elements to the UI including login screen, additional controls for executing new ODBC SQL queries, and customized elements for displaying data
- Gained experience writing, modifying, and testing SQL queries
- Utilized TFS for code source management